Wedding Makeup Timeline: How to make yours!
Makeup and hair are one of the last things you’ll do before your wedding. They need to be perfect right before the ceremony! But what if it runs late? What if someone doesn’t arrive on time? And what if it takes too long to get someone ready? Well, that’s where a wedding makeup timeline comes in! To save you a lot of stress on your big day, why don’t you make a timeline with me?
Set all preparations for your makeup timeline!
This is the easiest step, and it’s the one you can do long before the wedding date comes. Simply get all your individual pieces together! That is to say, you need to get all the information and locations done. How many people are going to get ready with you? Which styles do you want? Who goes first?
I would recommend that you hire an experienced makeup artist. Not just for the quality, but because it saves you time! I’m sure your aunt or friend is a great stylist, but she can’t work on five people in a reasonable amount of time. If you hire me, I can assure you that nothing can go wrong! You’ll see why.
Dedicated makeup team
To make it easier and quicker, always tell me how many people will be getting ready with you. If there are too many, we could need a bigger team. By splitting the work, you can get a lot more people done at the same time. It’s easier to plan your wedding makeup timeline if we have more than one person getting ready! We can split hair and makeup, effectively halving the time required.
Where will you get your makeup done?
A crucial question! You basically have two options: get done at a hotel, or at the venue. Let’s explore them both:
- Hotel or AirBnB: by far the most comfortable of the two! You will have plenty of space for yourself and your bridal party. Everyone’s dress and shoes will have their own dedicated area, nothing will get lost, and no one’s rushing back and forth to get something they forgot. The biggest downside, however, is that you’ll need to figure out transportation. Your wedding makeup timeline will need to take distance into account!
- Venue: easier once you’re there! Getting ready at the venue means that as soon as you’re ready, you can go out and have your lovely ceremony. It saves you a lot of anguish, and leaves nothing to chance. Traffic? Not a worry! The downside, however, is that it requires further planning. You would need to ask your venue if you can stay there before the wedding, and if they have a dedicated space for you.
I can’t tell you which one to choose, it’s entirely up to you. Go with the one that fits your style the most!
Know the people you’ll be working with
It’s important to know who is going to be there on your big day. I recommend scheduling an interview and a trial session in advance. We can explore your preferred styles, tones, and anything else you’d like! This saves you a lot of time on your wedding day. Instead of leaving it up to chance and hoping I get it right, we can get straight to business.
But this applies to your bridal party as well. They’re not getting away easily! When assembling your wedding makeup timeline, take into account who is going to be there first. It’s best if you schedule your bridesmaids accordingly, with no delays in the process. Similarly, those who have kids to take care of should be further down the list, giving them enough time to get their kids ready first.
Assemble your wedding makeup timeline!
Now, with all pieces in place, we can begin! I will make an example timeline using the following considerations:
- Assign at least 30 minutes to get ready. It doesn’t usually take this long, but it’s best to leave room for error!
- Makeup and hair are done separately. Imagine how difficult it is to work both at the same time. It would be more trouble than it’s worth.
- The bride goes somewhere in the middle. Not last! This gives us more than enough time to get you ready.
- Everyone gets a touch-up at the end. To make sure you’re all radiant, everyone gets a small application at the end. Don’t worry about being the first! You’ll look just as beautiful.
So, the sample timeline goes:
07:30 a.m. Bridesmaid #1: makeup. Bridesmaid #2: hair.
08:00 a.m. Bride: makeup. Bridesmaid #3: hair.
08:30 a.m. Bridesmaid #3: makeup. Bride: hair.
09:00 a.m. Bridesmaid #4: makeup. Bridesmaid #1: hair.
09:30 a.m. Bridesmaid #2: makeup. Bridesmaid #4: hair.
11:00 a.m. Touch-ups!
This way you can get everyone ready in no time! It will be done before you know it. if everything goes smoothly (and I’m sure it will), you should be making your way down the aisle looking fabulous and timely!
Don’t be scared of your wedding makeup timeline! It’s a tool, and it’s meant to make your life easier. Plan ahead and accordingly. Everyone is cheering for you inside that room! Relax, sit back, and let us do our work. It’s the last moment before your ceremony, so savor it as much as you can!
Focus keyphrase: Wedding Makeup Timeline
Meta description: Your wedding makeup timeline doesn’t have to be stressful or scary. In fact, it’s liberating! Learn how to make one with me.